Hi!

Fedora 32 Linux, LXDE desktop.

Compiled WSJT-X 2.3.0-rc2 from source, no problems.
Multicast UDP didn't work any more as expected. Fortunately it can be changed from Reporting/Outgoing interface. So that is OK, too.

But the main window height does not keep it's size. I have sized it to minimum (horizontal and vertical) and then it fits to my monitor leaving proper room for other open applications. But when I close wsjtx and start it again on next time it is always bigger in vertical direction and must be minimized again. Quite annoying feature.

It seems that the extra size is coming from "Rx frequency" and "Band activity" views that are about 1/4 higher that what they were set at last usage time. This did not happen with 2.2.2 (and earlier versions). I did not play with 2.3.0.rc1 so I can't say nothing about it.

Somewhere the height value does not get saved properly when program close.

Similar kind of effect has been there for ages with waterfall height. I once reported also that, but nobody paid any attention to it. It is not tied to restarting the program, but if you minimize height of waterfall so small as it let's it to be when "controls" are unchecked and then check "controls" the height of waterfall window will grow the size of controls. But when you again uncheck "controls" waterfall vertical size does not go back to absolute minimal height. It leaves the height of "controls" higher than it was originally set.

There the the height of window is saved properly as it comes to right height at program start, but the value of of window height is not read and window redrawn after "controls" close or there is just one variable for height and it gets corrupted when "controls" open and need more space. There should be window height variable for "controls" visible and another for "controls" disabled.

Waterfall is a thing that can be lived with because of seldom need to touch the controls, but continued minimizing the main window height is very annoying.

--
Saku
OH1KH