I find it odd and dismissive that you have not answered the pending question or commented on your time synchronization method ?

vk4tux

On 20/4/21 2:21 am, Rich - K1HTV wrote:
Bill - W2PKY,
Thanks for the idea of playing back the WAV files which had few or no decodes.  I played the WAV files back and they sound normal, full of signals but still decode few if any of them when I play them back for decoding.

I wonder if WSJT-X has a shared memory buffer which another program had access to which caused part of the decoding part of the program to produce the poor decodes. Another thing that I noticed was that when there were FT8 decodes on the odd cycles, at times most of the decoded signals had a DT of 0.1 then in some of the next receive cycles almost all decoded stations had a DT of 0.4 seconds. Then they would be back to 0.1 second DT numbers. However, when the problem occured, as I checked the PC clock a number of times using the "time.is <http://time.is>" URL, it indicated "Your time is Exact" usually within 1- milliseconds of exact.

My station is band switching and decoding 24/7. I've left all normally used programs running but have shut down Chrome. So far, in the past few days the problem has not re-occurred. Maybe Chrome is the culprit. The last time when the problem occured, Chrome was consuming over 1 GB of RAM, still far less than the available 16GB but still a lot. Once the problem starts, shutting down Chrome and apps doesn't fix it, only a reboot of the computer.

Thanks also for the suggestion about checking if standby memory is being used when the problem occurs. Will have to do that.

73,
Rich - K1HTV.