Could you please try the master repo to see if has already been fixed?
https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib

 Mike W9MDB
    On Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:10:29 PM CDT, alawler mudhawk.com via
wsjt-devel <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

   HI Folks,
  I've encountered what seems to be a bug in how wsjtx uses the network hamlib
functionality.    I'm going to start with a simple symptom statement, then will
include more supporting detail and the specific configuration etc.
The problem:  wsjtx does not work with a remotely connected Yaesu FT-736r using
the Net Hamlib option.
Symptom:During setup, when I set Hamlib NET Rigctl in the radioconfiguration
information and click    "Test Cat",  I get an error message box saying "Rig
Failure"  "Hamlib error:  Feature not available while getting current
frequency".
   What I think is happening is that for a locally connected radio,  wsjtx is
"smart enough" to not send a "get frequency" command to the FT-736r,  however,
in the Net Rigctld mode,  it makes an assumption that this is a relatively safe
and widely supported way of testing basic communications and sends the command
without first checking rig capabilities.
I believe this is the expected behavior from Hamlib,   since the FT-736r does
not support this particular option.

  Configuration:wsjtx-2.2.0 running on UbuntuThe radio server is a Raspberry Pi
running either rigctld 3.0  or rigctl-wsjtx 4.0 (the behavior is the same.)
rigctld command:  rigctld-wsjtx -m 110 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 4800 -t 10006 -vvvvv
Other test notes:I am using port 10006 on purpose, but I don't believe that is
related to the problem.
My raspberry Pi/rigctld server works fine with other FT-736r code that I have
written, so I'm pretty sure the hardware and configuration are correct.
hamlib trace:igctl(d): v 'currVFO' '' '' ''rig_get_vfo calledclient lock
disengagedclient lock engagedrig_strvfo calledrigctl(d): f 'currVFO' '' ''
''rig_get_freq calledclient lock disengaged

Trying the idential experiment using my FT-890 (ritctld -m 115)  which DOES
have  a bidirectional CAT interface works fine.
  I am looking at the code with the hopes of just bypassing the frequency set
command in my own local setup, but figured I'd mention this in case other folks
might find it useful.
  Thanks for any consideration