Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your careful report. I confirm that something is amiss, and I will look into it.

        -- Joe

On 8/1/2021 10:04 PM, Gerald Smith via wsjt-devel wrote:
Good evening all,

Today I installed WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc4 and I had a situation today that I had never had before and I am not sure that it is specific to this version of WSJT-X, but there was a station calling CQ, OE21FTDMC, and although I clicked on his CQ in the Band Activity window, it would not populate the DX Call window, nor would the Std Messages be generated.

If I manually type the callsign into the DX Call window, then I could generate the Std messages, which would have his callsign shown as <OE21FTDMC> but doing it automatically from a double click on the CQ did not function.

I don't know if it just happened due to the length of the callsign or not, but thought that I should report it.

I did not restart the program nor the computer so I don't know if that would have helped or not.

In all other respects this version of WSJT-X works very well at my station.

73 de WA3ZSC - Jerry