>The third time this happened, the fox did respond to me with RR73 but I wonder
>what happened there? It still didn’t move me below 1,000 so I moved myself
>down. At that point, the fox moved me to where they wanted me (681).

Hi Dennis,

I don't know what actually happened, but the frequency movements are controlled
at the hound station based on the received message sequence. Fox has no
capability to move hounds as there is no frequency control in any of the
message fox is sending.
Hound should move to fox frequency for sending the R+rpt after receiving report
from fox. If the hound needs to repeat R+rpt, then it would by its own move
either 300 Hz up or down. So the first movement is initiated by reception of
the report from fox.

By the way the frequency movements as such are not mandatory for the F/H QSO as
such. They only provide a higher probability for less QRM. Well there are still
stations that call fox on the fox frequency and cause the QRM! In addition Fox
will not answer to those stations by design!

A careful study of the ALL.txt record may help to understand what happened.

73, Reino OH3mA