Actually the strongest is not indicative at all of current conditions.  You can
have momentary band conditions either way.

What matters is what signal you heard them at.  e.g. "I initially received you
at XXdB".  If a user wants to see band conditions for their callsign they can
use PSKReporter or HamSpots.net.
One signal report doesn't tell you much.

And does anybody even look at that data anyways?

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, December 1, 2023 at 06:26:37 AM CST, William Smith via wsjt-devel