Hi Joe,

Thank you for considering my submission. This change will allow jt9.exe to be used for decoding the MSK144 signals either from a wav file or from the shared memory. There were requests for such improvement in the past, see for example this posting:

(https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/mailman/message/36905061/)

I am working on an open source program that sits in the system tray and decodes the WSJT-X modes on multiple frequencies 24/7. This program uses jt9.exe for decoding, that is why I need these changes: it is better to use jt9.exe from the official distribution rather than a custom built command-line program.

As I already mentioned, this does not affect the way MSK144 is decoded in WSJT-X and only adds a new option to jt9.exe for those who need it.

73 Alex VE3NEA

On 2024-01-07 08:50, Joe Taylor via wsjt-devel wrote:
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggested changes to jt9.exe.

As you know, decoding of MSK144 has always been done immediately as new data are acquired, rather than at the end of a timed receive sequence in the jt9[.exe] executable.  Before we make any decision about merging your suggestions into the main branch of WSJT-X, could you elaborate just a bit about your intended purpose and any supposed advantages?

     -- 73, Joe, K1JT