Well, you learn something new every day. I haven't worked with labels, :for
is a supported how for labels. Teach me to answer a question without trying
it out. :)   The :after? tag doesn't appear to apply to input elements,
buttons, text_fields, frames. Add a JIRA ticket if you'd like to see it
fixed and ideally also a failing unit test.

-Charley

On 7/2/07, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > ie.text_field(:after?, ie.label(:for, "confirmPassword")).flash
> What's :for? It's not part of Watir. Have you tried by :name and/or :id?

Fair point.

I originally tried it from this page:
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Methods+supported+by+Element where it
states:

> label          <label> tags (including "for" attribute)

Simply because it was the only available attribute for this field.  No ID,
no NAME, no CLASS.  Nothing.

And it appeared to work, on it's own:

   ie.label(:for, "confirmPassword").flash

certainly finds the label with this attribute.