________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Amitha Shetty
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:25 PM
To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
Subject: [Wtr-general] How to get Image Source from Excel Input file?

Hi,
  I am getting Inputs from an Excel file for my test cases and its working
fine for all except Image source.

I tried:
IMAGE = worksheet.range('b11')['Value'] and value in excel corresponding to
Cell b11 is /icons2.gif/
$ie.image(:src,IMAGE).click gives the following exception-
`assert_exists': Unable to locate object, using src and
/icons2.gif/(Watir::Exception::UnknownObjectException)
 from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/watir.rb:2009:in `click'

However if I hardcode the source it works fine....
i.e $ie.image(:src,/icons2.gif/).click
clicks on the image.
I think the problem is because input is read from excel as a string.How do I
handle this?

Thanks,
Amitha