-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eugene Kula
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 5:01 PM
To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
Subject: [Wtr-general] Assertions trouble

My apologies in advance if this turns out to be a double-post by me.

We are extracting test methods from test cases into helper scripts.  The
problem I'm running across is I'm not able to assert(NoMethodError:
undefined method 'assert'), and I assume it's because I'm either not
requiring the right scripts or I'm not inheriting from TestCase.  Any help
much appreciated!

My Test Case script:

require 'tabularHelper.rb'
include TabularHelper
class TC_EventTabular < Test::Unit::TestCase
def test_Columns
        columntable = [
                {'col'=>'Date/Time', 'issortable'=>true},
                {'col'=>'Description', 'issortable'=>true},
                {'col'=>'Lead', 'issortable'=>true},
                {'col'=>'Folder', 'issortable'=>true}
        ]

        TabularHelper.run_column_test(columntable, $ie)
end
end

MY Helper script:
require 'watir'
require 'test/unit'
require 'test/unit/ui/console/testrunner'
require 'watir/testUnitAddons'

module TabularHelper
def run_column_test(columntable, ie)
  assert($ie.something.exists?)
  assert_equal(somevalue, $ie.something.value)
end
end