Here is some code that I am experimenting with for filling in forms using
YAML. The data in MyDataFile.yml drives which fields, select lists, etc. are
set and the values for each. The names used in MyDataFile.yml are the
element ids. Different data comes from using different data files.

Comments are appreciated! :-)

Example.rb
        datafile = 'MyDataFile.yml'
        testdata = YAML.load(File.open(datafile))

        page = 'MyPageReference' # Reference for page and data

        $ie.div(:id, page).click # I click a div for my page

        tfields = testdata[page]['text_fields']
        tfields.each do |tf|
            $ie.text_field(:id, tf[0]).set(tf[1])
        end

        slists = testdata[page]['select_lists']
        slists.each do |sl|
            $ie.select_list(:id, sl[0]).select(sl[1])
        end

MyDataFile.yml
MyPageReference:
    text_fields:
        name: John Doe # 'name' is the text field id
        city: Los Angeles
        state: CA
    select_lists:
        enabled: 'Y'