I have seen significant slowness running my scripts (1.4.1 and 1.5.1) from inside Komodo 3.5 compared to the same scripts inside Eclipse—Eclipse is much faster.

Pouncer Note:  I only run them inside the IDE when writing and/or debugging and NOT during actual testing.  Just in case you were wondering.  ;-)

--Mark

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lonny Eachus
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:55 PM
To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Wtr-general] Watir 1.5.x Performance Issues?

Thanks for the input. It could be due to something else, which is why I was asking.

Lonny Eachus
=========

Re: [Wtr-general] Watir 1.5.x Performance Issues?

"Bret Pettichord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Tue, 6 Jun 2006 14:34:56 -0500

. . .

There have been a lot of changes, but there is no background polling.

I just ran the core test suites for the two different versions of Watir.

In 1.4.1, it has 160 tests and runs in 99 seconds (with one failure)
In trunk (1.5.1.1029), it has 175 tests and runs in 113 seconds

That isn't a direct apples to apples comparison, but also isn't consistent with a 50% slowdown.

But it really depends on what you tests are doing.

I spend a lot of time tuning my test suites to make them run fast, without running so fast that they become unreliable. Typically, this involves tuning timeouts (which are in 1.5, but not in 1.4) and removing sleeps. Of course, i always run Watir in "fast mode".

Bret