What is causing IE to open a new window? Does the link tag specify "target=blank" or something like that?

If so -- AND you do not really need a new window -- what you can do is rewrite the html of the link to remove "target =" before you click:

(1) Minimize the window you are in.

(2) Remove "target = blah" from the link tag.  (You can swap steps 1 and 2 if you want.)

(3) Click the link.

Then your browser should open the link in the SAME window . . . still minimized.

If this is what you are looking for, and you need help with step #2, write back.

Lonny Eachus