Hey Bret.

Thanks for this information.  I know that as a recent addition to the mailing list, I had some of my questions answered by this email.

Have a great weekend and thanks for all the hard work!

-Alan

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bret Pettichord
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 12:15 PM
To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
Subject: [Wtr-general] Project Map

I just posted this to my blog. I'd been getting several emails from people who were wondering whether the project had been abandoned.

http://www.io.com/~wazmo/blog/archives/2006_07.html#000240

Watir 1.5 is Under Active Development

Many observers have wondered whether Watir is still being
developed. If you look at our Rubyforge site, you'll see that our
"last release": http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=104&release_id=2725
was August 2005 and our "last code
changes":http://wtr.rubyforge.org/statcvs/commit_log.htm ) were made in
February of this year. But actually, Watir is under active
development. We've moved our source repository and many of the other
project resources over to our "new home at
OpenQA.org": http://openqa.org/watir/. Things are spread out right now,
and it's somewhat confusing. Here is a map for where to find the most
current information about our project.

*Home Pages.* Our "home page at Rubyforge": http://wtr.rubyforge.org is still
the best place for new users to start. It describes the latest fully supported,
fully documented version of Watir (namely 1.4.1). Our "home page at
OpenQA":http://www.openqa.org/watir links to the project resources
at our new home. And our "wiki home page":http://wiki.openqa.org/projects/wtr
is the best place to find the most recent information about the project.

*Releases.* We are providing regular "development
releases": http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Development+Builds (Ruby
gems) of the work in progress for Watir 1.5 at OpenQA. When 1.5
becomes ready for official release, it will be released at our
"existing Rubyforge location": http://rubyforge.org/projects/wtr/, and
therefore available automatically when you "gem install watir".

*Mailing List & Support.* We continue to use the
"wtr-general":http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/wtr-general
mailing list at Rubyforge as our primary discussion list. This is the
best place to ask your questions about Watir. You'll have to subscribe
before you can post. The
"archives":http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/wtr-general contain
answers to many common questions. OpenQA provides a "web-based
forum":http://forums.openqa.org/forum.jspa?forumID=5&start=15, but
this isn't monitored by as many people.

*Wiki & FAQ.* We have moved our
"wiki":http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Project+Home over to
OpenQA. This includes our
"FAQ": http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/FAQ, which is frequently
updated.

*Buglist.* We are now using "Jira":http://jira.openqa.org/browse/WTR
to track bugs and features at OpenQA. The "old trackers": http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=104 at Rubyforge
will be closed down soon.

*Source Repository.* We now use the "Subversion repository at
OpenQA": http://openqa.org/watir/cvs.action. The "CVS repository at
Rubyforge":http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=104 is no longer being
used.