We have been using RadRails almost since it has been available. It is based
on the time-tested Eclipse IDE from IBM. (Get it? This was started when Java
became big. Eclipse as opposed to "Sun"). So RadRails has a solid
foundation, but it is still dependent on its developers to make sure it
works properly for Ruby / Rails.

The first release or two of RadRails were missing so much in functionality
that they were pretty much unusable. But it has come so far since then that
I have to wonder why anyone would use anything else, unless it were for
performance reasons (Eclipse can be something of a hog).

It supports just about all functions of SVN, allowing you to track your
source visibly and seamlessly. (It must be noted, however, that the release
we are currently using, 0.6.4, has a bug in its SVN support: it does not
create tags properly. But you can still do that manually, so no big deal.)

Despite a couple of very minor bugs, RadRails is by far the most
fully-functional IDE for Ruby / Rails that I have seen. Eclipse has so many
features that it would be pointless to even try to list them here, and most
if not all of those features carry over to RadRails.

Lonny Eachus