> Sun wrote:
> > Problem solved. Either of these 2 work:
> > (a)
> ie.frame("top_frame").table(:index,5)[2][2].link(:url,
> "javascript:Events.invokeEvent(\'2_11_act\')").click
> >
> > (b)
> ie.frame("top_frame").link(:url,"javascript:Events.inv
> okeEvent(\'2_11_act\')").click
> >
> > It is the "click", not the fire_event('onclick')
> that works.
> > And the key for me was being in the frame. Once
> that is done, there is no need to hunt down the
> nested table and the row and column.
> >
> > Very nice and easy once one stumbles across it.
> Again, good documentation would be a serious
> advantage to making Watir usage go way up.
> >
> What were the key facts that would have helped you if
> they were
> documented? What documentation were you relying on,
> that could stand
> improvement?

Well...
(1) There should be documentation that specifically states how to drive a
Javascript -- as in, use .link(:url, "path")
(2) It should point out that it is driven by "click", not fire_event('onclick').
(3) Actually, there should be documentation that identifies all of the
available API's, and provide examples for each. Right now the Watir User Guide
is too simple. It doesn't handle real world situations.