I just want to make assert of link, after i remove rescue block, assert method works and I can see that test failed on report, but it skips my test case and I wish to avoid it, I want to add some extra information to my logger file when test fails

def test_namemethod
     begin
        assert($ie.link(:text, 'name_of_link').exists?)
        # here i want to add some information to my logger when test succed or failed
        $logger.log('some information')
   end
end

#the in the end of file I generate report

suite = Test::Unit::TestSuite.new("Name of suite")
    suite << NameofMyClass.suite
    FileUtils.mkdir_p 'report'
    Test::Unit::UI:: Reporter.run(suite, './report', :html)