-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Bolton
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 8:00 AM
To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Wtr-general] Question from a newbie

Do I misread the HTML 4.01 spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/attributes.html)?  It says that ID
is a
"document-wide unique ID".  The whole point of the ID tag is to have a
unique ID, is it not?  Doesn't having a non-unique ID defeat the purpose
of
having an ID altogether?

I agree that the "name" attribute is apparently not subject to the same
restriction, though.

---Michael B.