excellent point. The way feature requests are handled, the ability to
extend the functionality of watir yourself and no longer fighting with
a test tool vendor's support are the main advantages of watir over
mercury in my opinion.

and after all you can play with the nice ruby language instead of VBScript ;)

Christian