Akash,

Hopefully someone has a simpler solution, but my solution was to mixin
(using a module) a new method to the offending class (in your case
"SelectList") called select_no_wait(item).  The contents of this
method would be the same as the select(item) method, but without the
@container.wait.

My problem was with the IE.goto method, not with list selection, so
the execution won't be quite the same, but the idea is there.

I don't have much time right now, but if no one responds with another
fix within the next 12 hours or so, I'll try to post the code that
should do that job.

Ethan