I'm sorry that Ruby has been crashing. It's my fault. Really.

Last weekend, I had some folks in from out of town
(http://awta.wikispaces.com/)
and I had to apologize about six times before they actually accepted that it
really was my fault. I'm sorry.

We recently released a new version that fixes this problem.
*Everybody using Watir 1.5 should upgrade to this latest version
(1.5.1.1145).
*
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Development+Builds of Watir

If you have been using Ruby 1.8.4 or 1.8.5 with Watir 1.5, you probably
have seen
intermittent errors and crashes. That is because of something I did with
Watir.
Specifically, I packaged Watir with a modified version of Ruby's win32ole
library--C code. And I modified the version from 1.8.2, which doesn't
work with
later versions of Ruby. It causes them to crash. The latest version of
Watir fixes
this problem by only loading the modified win32ole library if you are
using Ruby 1.8.2.

If you've been thinking "Jeez how can everyone be so excited about Ruby
when it
is crashing all the time," it is because they haven't been using the
code that I
horked.

Please update your version of Watir 1.5 right away. Sorry.

Those of you still using Watir 1.4 don't need to worry. You should be
fine no
matter what version of Ruby you are using.