Thanks for all of the tips.  I finally figured out that my test was actually
taking a long time after firing an event "onmouseover" for my menus on pages
with streaming content.  I don't know why that was happening, but a put timeout
blocks around each of my operations, hovering over the menu, and clicking on a
menu item, and now my test works just fine.

No my problem wasn't that the test never started, it was just that on some
pages, specifically those with streaming content, I never regained control
after hovering over the menus.  There is seemingly a problem in the wait method
in Watir 1.4.1 that causes this, though our website may be a special case.

Anyway I resolved my problem, again, by placing timeout blocks around each of
my operations.

Thank you.

Nathan