By any chance, would anyone be interested in writing a hook into Google
Spreadsheets?  I guess you'd sacrifice speed for portability.

Paul C.

On 05/03/07, Paul Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I use Open Office. Having the Excel reader is handy, but it obviously
doesnt
work for me. I started working on some code that would read open office
spreadhseet files. It would be great if you could make it work on both,
with
the same interface, especially as things like firewatir and safari watir
work well on non windows platforms.

The open office format is an xml file in a zip, and its actually quite
easy
to work with.
I can send you my code if you like

Paul