Hi,

With Watir > 1.4.1 you can use xpath to access such elements.

tr = ie.element_by_xpath("//[EMAIL PROTECTED]'12345']")

- Angrez

On 5/10/07, Andrew Kuzmin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi All,

Is there any way to access an element by a custom attributes value ?

In my situation, for our web development we're using 3-rd party grid
control, which generates a table with lot of custom attributes for its
elements.  For example,  the code would look like this:  <tr
rowKey=12345><td column=column1>…

Since the rowKey is unique it could be used to uniquly identify the row.

IE's devTool displays these custom attributes correctly, however they are
not accessible from Watir.

Any recommendations ? Could Watir be extended to do this ?

Thanks,

Andrew