So, I'm running into a weird problem with AutoIt and IE7 file download
buttons.... I want to click "Save", but am having no love.

I've tried a number of different approaches (see below) with no luck.
The uncommented version is what has come closest to working in that it
actually manages to switch the focus to the 'Save' item. (send("!s")
manages to underline the 'S', etc., but not 'hit' the save.)

Any thoughts as to what is happening? It is as if there is some black
hole of an event sink swallowing my clicks/sent keys?

Regards,
Erik

autoit.WinActivate ("File Download")
autoit.WinWaitActive ("File Download")
autoit.ControlFocus("File Download","", 4427)
autoit.ControlClick("File Download", "", 4427)

#autoit.Send("!s")

#autoit.ControlFocus("File Download","","&Save")
#autoit.ControlClick("File Download", "Do you want to open or save
this file?", "&Save")

#autoit.ControlFocus("File Download", "",
"[CLASS:Button;TEXT:&Send;INSTANCE:2]")