From: Chris McMahon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:24 PM
To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Wtr-general] Seg-faults with >4 ie windows (hello)

Maybe you're running out of memory?  Take a look at taskmanager, or
see if you can run more browsers on a beefier machine.   I know I've
personally run about 80-90 browsers simultaneously on a single desktop
some time ago, but they weren't holding any large amounts of test
data.

Just BTW, you'll never achieve reasonable loads with browser-based
test tools.  You should consider something like Grinder for generating
load.

On 5/23/07, Michael Sofaer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello, all.
>

> I recently started using WATIR to automate load testing for my
company's
> application, and I'm running into some trouble when I try to run more
than
> four client windows at the same time.
>

> Each window needs its own ie process, since it needs its own session
> variables, so I got the development gem and am using ie.new_process,
which
> works well most of the time. But when I try to run with more than
about four
> windows, I eventually get this error:

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.5.1.1166/./watir/contrib/ie-new-p
rocess.rb:44: