  From: jim_matt
  To: wtr-general@rubyforge.org
  Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 10:39 PM
  Subject: [Wtr-general] gem error installing 'builder'

  I am resending this because I have not seen it show up in email distribution.
 I sent it earlier in the day than the one titled "ie.maximize does not always
work".  I did more research after I sent the following message.  Most of the
solutions seemed to be for unix based systems.  The best one I found for
windows appeared to involve completely uninstalling gem 0.9.3 and installing
gem 0.9.2.
  The original message I sent follows below.

  I am getting the following error when I try to install 'builder'.  Any
suggestions?

  D:\InstalledFiles\builder_2_1_1>gem install builder -l -y

  D:\InstalledFiles\builder_2_1_1>"D:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" "D:\ruby\bin\gem"
install builder -
  l -y
  ERROR:  Error installing gem builder[.gem]: install directory
#<Pathname:D:/ruby/lib/ruby/
  gems/1.8/gems/builder-2.1.1> not absolute

  Obviously the error about the pathname not being absolute is incorrect.

  I am running  Ruby 1.8.2-15

              Watir  1.5-1145 as a gem
              gem  0.9.3

  I am trying to set things up so I can get reports with ci_reporter and
running specific versions of Ruby and Watir to avoid certain bugs.

  Jim Matthews