I have to try one more time. So far I have not figured out the problem.

Recently, I installed Visual Studio .NET, which I needed to debug some
.NET issues. After I did that (the timing seems to be right), Watir has
not worked within irb.

When I do this:

    require 'watir'
    include 'Watir'

    ie = IE.new

I get

    NameError: uninitialized constant IE

I tried completely re-installing ruby, rails, and watir, using the same
versions I was working with before, and this has made no difference. It
is not a version issue: I have been using this same ruby/rails/watir
combination for about 2 years now.

I have also set the RUBYLIB environment variable to the exact directory
where watir is... to no avail.

This has never been a problem before, but now my Watir is not working,
and this is a big problem. I am wondering if there are other environment
variables or something that .NET may have overwritten?

Any ideas? I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Lonny Eachus