Reposting to google-groups...

________________________________

All -

I have been looking through the examples to try to find a way to use
Watir to get me past the windows style login for the web application I'm
testing.  I found the WindowLogonExample.rb in the unittests directory.
I modified WindowLogonExtra.rb and WindowHelper.rb to login to my
application (instead of clio.lyris.com) and it worked - yeah!!

However, I'm not sure exactly how this works or what to do from there.
I read the rdoc page for Test/Unit and at least now I understand that
Test/Unit automagically runs the method(?) that begins with "test_".
However, once the threads are merged, how do I do something with the
resultant page?  As below, I tried to address the running browser as
"a", but that didn't work.  Do I have to attach to the ie instance that
is left after the join?

Also, is it possible to leave the browser open after TC_Logon_Test
finishes?

My code is below.

Thanks in advance!

Alan

require 'unittests/setup'

require 'watir/WBWindowHelper'

class TC_Logon_Test < Test::Unit::TestCase

  include Watir

  def goto_windows_login_page

    $ie.goto('http://my.url.com/')

  end

  def test_window_logon

    a = Thread.new {

      system('ruby WB-script-myfirst-loginthread.rb')

    }

    b = Thread.new {

      goto_windows_login_page

    }

    a.join

    b.join

    a.div(:id, "topnavlinks").link(:text, "Client Management").click()

    sleep(30)

  end

end