Never climbing hills?  That's the only challenging part to riding a
unicycle. For those who ride fixy w/o a brake, you know what I mean. Just
imagine using that unique leg muscle w/o having handle bars to help.

2miles is a long commute, he must be riding a 36".  1:1 gearing on a 24" is
really slow. (good old inch-gears notation makes perfect sense here)

If anyone wants to buy me a 36", I'll ride it :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Brandon Crawford
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:41 PM
To: WVU Cycling
Subject: [WVU Cycling] Random Thought


Once upon a time, I thought sponge was the only commuting unicyclist.
Outside of the few clowns I've met, I'd never seen anyone use a
unicycle. Well, I have been proven wrong. A geology intern, who is a
masters student from LSU, commutes from his apartment to the main
Chevron office here in Bakersfield everyday on his unicycle. It's only
about 2 miles.but that's not the impressive part. He rides it for
fitness too. He doesn't even own a regular bicycle. This fella rode
100 miles last week on his unicycle.

If you ever need motivation to get out there and ride, just think that
somewhere out there .in the land of flat.where cyclists buy carbon
fiber, wear discovery channel jerseys just to feel cool, and never
climb hills...is a unicyclist without any gears putting you to shame.

Reply via email to