WWW-Talk,

A distributed, decentralized computer security communication network
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/p2prg/current/msg01757.html), a computer
system for the dissemination of instantaneous computer security information
between computer scientists is an interesting topic. Such a system can be
interoperable with, synchronized with, some concurrent versioning systems of
open source projects. Such a system can be interoperable with software
development updates of certain varieties and the hashes of concurrent
versioning system objects can be utilized. Such a system can, in numerous ways,
enhance the security of computers, computer networks, and computer systems by
enhancing the well-informedness of each interested computer scientist across
the nation.

Such systems can reduce government waste and public expense with regard to some
cybersecurity topics across a number of organizations such as the CIA, DHS,
DOD, FBI, NSA and USNORTHCOM. Additionally, some existing computer networks,
such as military computer networks, are considered to be more secure than some
existing civilian computer networks and, amidst that, the government claims
that the public should pay taxes for government personnel or government systems
to surveil the civilian networks and to surveil the American people.

Americans have expressed concerns about an American news climate over the past
decade or more. Americans have expressed concerns about a certain fearmongering
concurrent to the introduction of, popularity of, or ubiquity of the Internet
and the Web. Americans have expressed concerns about a news climate with regard
to cybercrime, cyberwarfare, and cybersecurity topics. Americans have expressed
concerns about a news climate with regard to various amorphous domestic and
foreign cyberdangers, for example Chinese hackers. The matter, overall, calls
into question whether any government organizations may have participated,
either directly or indirectly, in activities somehow contrary to ensuring the
domestic tranquility.

Additionally, the Shirky Principle states that some institutions might try to
preserve the problem to which they are the solution. There could be, then, when
faced with bold and new approaches to solving problems, a certain apprehension
or reluctance to change, a reluctance to budgetary changes or to the
repurposing of personnel. As a large percentage of Americans work for the
government, in the public sector, and as an unknown portion of computer
scientists have worked on or work on cybersecurity topics, job creation topics
can be discussed concurrently to bold and new approaches to solving problems
and to addressing Americans policy concerns. With too many remnant policy items
from a previous administration, with a fiscal cliff approaching, the United
States of America needs new solutions, new plans, to repurpose personnel, to
create jobs, to stimulate the economy, and to affirm the primacy of
Constitutional philosophy and Constitutional law.

Job creation topics include the construction of new scientific laboratories
across the United States. When Americans tend to think of science laboratories,
they tend to think of physics laboratories. Beyond physics laboratories,
however, beyond the productive overlap of the DOE and computer science, there
are many other possible types of science laboratories and computer science can
advantage each (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branches_of_science,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_of_science). Many branches of science can
be prefixed with the adjective computational, for example, when considering
research topics possible at new multidisciplinary FFRDC's. FFRDC's are
presently densely located in California and Virginia and it occurs that many
more states across the nation could be enhanced by new FFRDC's for
multidisciplinary scientific research and development.

On the topic of cyberpolicy, two pertinent topics include: (1) there exist
computer systems and technologies which are more secure than civilian systems,
military computer systems; (2) a new information network can be constructed for
the dissemination of computer security information between computer scientists
to enhance the instantaneous well-informedness of computer software developers
and computer security personnel, personnel across the nation responsible for
securing each computer, computer system, and computer network, resulting in a
reduction of computer security problems and incidents.

Americans are dissatisfied with the United States' cyberpolicy. No American
wants to be surveilled by law enforcement, military, or by whatever the DHS is.
Would we have future Americans believe that Americans in the early 21st century
wanted such cyberpolicies for themselves and for future Americans? Would we
have future Americans believe that we wanted to sacrifice liberty for a sense
of security?

The Bush administration put forward a false choice between the liberties we
cherish and the security we demand. The construction of a new computer security
communication network is both timely and appropriate.

As the United States approaches a fiscal cliff, we can consider that our tax
dollars can be better spent than on previous cyberpolicy approaches and other
remnant policy items from the previous administration. As we move forward, for
numerous reasons including: stimulating the economy, job creation, and
preparedness for excellence in STEM education with digital textbooks, our plans
for leaping across the fiscal chasm can and should include a megaproject, the
construction of a large number of new scientific laboratories across the United
States, an investment in our American future.

Kind regards,

Adam Sobieski