On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 20:11:19 +0100
>>>>>> "Mads" == Mads Lindstrøm wrote:

Hi Mads,

Mads> It was great to see XRC being added to wxHaskell. Nonetheless, it
Mads> seems to have less type safety than the "traditional" way of
Mads> creating widgets.

XRC seems to becoming topic in wxhaskell again...

Mads> There seems to be two static guaranties we are
Mads> now missing:
Mads>
Mads> 1) The naming of widgets is by strings which can be misspelled.
Mads>
Mads> 2) One can accidentally use a wrong *res function for accessing
Mads> the widget. E.g. using radioBoxRes for a button.

Does gtk2hs using Glade suffer from the same problem?

Mads> Fortunately, it could easily be remedied by parsing the xrc.xml
Mads> file and generating the necessary functions.

That would be great, even more to get haskell code generation from XRC
support in some GUI builder.

Mads> Would people think this is a good idea? Would you use it?

I'd definitely using it considering it's advantage to use GUI builder
to generate XRC.

Mads> If people are interested, I would gladly volunteer to turn the
Mads> proof of concept into "real" code.

Has anything happened in regard so far (I excuse myself for
questioning being quite new with wxhaskell.)?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6