On 26 July 2011 06:59, Eric Y. Kow <eric....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 00:28:01 +0100, Dave Tapley wrote:
> > I'm getting the impression that most people are using wxWidgets 2.9 with
> > wxHaskell, is that a fair assumption?
>
> I was surprised by your impression, but now I see why you may feel that
> way.
>
> It turns out wxWidgets 2.9 was released early this month, on 2011-07-05.
> This makes it a bit more urgent for wxhaskell to support both (good
> thing Jeremy was working so furiously on that)

This impression came primarily from the fact that I couldn't build wxhaskell
again wxWidgets 2.8 (for the reasons I've sent other messages to the list).
Unfortunately it seems it also won't build against the 2.9.2 dev release,
but I'll post a separate message about that.

> > I've just grabbed the latest dev release (2.9.2) of wxWidgets because I'm
> > still getting errors trying to compile against the 2.8.10 version I got
> from
> > the Ubuntu repositories (I'm going to post about those errors separately)
> > and I'd just like to get something working.
>
> If you just want something that works, use wxWidgets 2.8 and the
> stable version of wxHaskell.

Well, there are some features in wxWidgets which aren't supported by
wxHaskell, so I was rather hoping to get it building so I can contribute to
the project :)