Hi Miguel,

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:14:22 +0900, Miguel Vilaça <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The problem is that both textCtrlAppendText and textCtrlWriteText always
> write the new pieces of text in the end of the previous text and I need
> to insert the text in the place where the TextCtrl cursor is.

I think you misunderstand textCtrlAppendText behavior.
textCtrlAppendText appends text at the end of the text control, and
then sets insertion position at the end of text control.

http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.4/wx_wxtextctrl.html#wxtextctrlappendtext

This behavior is same as textCtrlWriteText with textCtrlSetInsertionPointEnd.

http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.4/wx_wxtextctrl.html#wxtextctrlwritetext

> I also tried
> textCtrlSetInsertionPoint "DUMMY" 0
> but that didn't change any behavior. It seems this function do nothing.

So you must use textCtrlWriteText with textCtrlSetInsertionPoint.

I wrote sample program for this problem.
Please test and understand these functions behavior.

import Graphics.UI.WX
import Graphics.UI.WXCore

main = start $ do
          f <- frame [ text := "Position Test"]
          p <- panel f []
          t <- textCtrl p [ text := "dummy"
                          , clientSize := sz 300 300]
          b1 <- button p [ text:= "writText"
                         , on command := writeText t]
          b2 <- button p [ text:= "AppendText"
                         , on command := appendText t]
          set f [ layout := container p $ column 5
                         [ fill $ widget t
                         , hfill $ widget b1
                         , hfill $ widget b2]
                , clientSize := sz 400 400]
          where
              writeText t = do
                  pos <- textCtrlGetInsertionPoint t
                  textCtrlSetInsertionPoint t pos
                  -- textCtrlSetInsertionPointEnd t
                  textCtrlWriteText t "writeText!"
              appendText t = do
                  pos <- textCtrlGetInsertionPoint t
                  -- textCtrlGetInsertionPoint can get insertion point.
                  -- print pos
                  -- pos <- textCtrlXYToPosition t $ pt 0 0
                  textCtrlSetInsertionPoint t pos
                  textCtrlAppendText t "AppendText!"

Best Regards,

--