Jeremy O'Donoghue wrote:
> - Extend Graphics.UI.WX so that more of the core functionality has
> high-level wrappers, e.g. for Grid, List boxes etc. I would love to
> see an FRP wrapper around parts of wxHaskell, and think we could
> reinstate one or more of the FRP libraries, for example. Making GUI
> programming less like C programming would do a lot to promote Haskell
> GUI development, but it requires much better Haskell-fu than I have
> to offer.

I'm currently working on the FRP part [1]. It turns out that FRP is
completely orthogonal to wxHaskell; there is no need to add special
support for FRP in the GUI library. A handful of convenience wrappers
[2] are enough to transform wxHaskell into a fully featured FRP-GUI
library. In other words, you can simply focus on the mid-level GUI
bindings and get that into the platform.

If anything, it would be very useful to fix the GHCi issue. Developing
an FRP library is still a very experimental activity and having GHCi
support makes prototyping a lot faster. (Conal Elliott would agree with
that.)

   [1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/reactive-banana
   [2]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/reactive-banana-wx

Best regards,