On 16 January 2012 00:46, Eric Kow <eric....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was going to post on your blog, but you beat me to mentioning it. So
> better hear it from me, you should totally use GitHub for wxC. Plus it
> would be a chance to work with darcs-bridge maybe.
>

>    1. Eric will probably kill me for saying this, but I think GitHub is
>       probably the right place, possibly keeping Sourceforge as the project
>       website and distribution point (I personally don't much like git, but it
>       has mindshare, and probably makes more sense than Darcs for a
> non-Haskell
>       project - plus my experience with patch-tag and darcsden has been that
>       'getting going' on a Windows machine is far from trivial). I could be
>       persuaded to change my mind on this one, but probably only if one of the
>       Darcs hosts can get the experience 'right' on Windows clients.
>       2. Keep the Cabal-based build system to start with, until there is
>       clear evidence of non-Haskell contributions.
>    1. If wxC turns out to have legs, the main areas to attack should be:
>       1. Move to bakefile based build.
>       2. Automated generation of the binding.

If I may weight in..

I like the idea of moving wxC to a separate project, to at least open it up
to other communities, and I'd be happy to have it on GitHub, if that's the
consensus.
What ever decision we make, do we want to hold off the move on to
code.haskell.org until we've made a decision?
Actually, it might be easier to get moved across in our current state, and
then move out wxC afterwards?

R.e. Point 1.2. In the list above, I've been keeping half an eye on this
-cafe thread, which seems to be getting more attention than I had
anticipated:
http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell-cafe@haskell.org/msg96678.html
I may be getting ahead of myself..