On 24 Apr 2012, at 12:15, Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:
> Both these issues can be avoided by using homebrew. Whether this merely
> trades them for other issues is another question, of course...

I'll add that whatever you choose to do, I'll add that it's probably a good
idea to stick to one package manager and not try to combine them (this is pure
superstitious thinking on my part, however).

That said, when I first switched, I used both for a while until MacPorts usage
withered away.

Not pushing either way.

/me roots for Nix

--