OK, I now have a fix for this craziness:

http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35542&start=30#p145812

For those just starting out, it would be best to grab TDM's
tdm-gcc-4.6.1 compiler here:

http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/download

You'll want a development MinGW distro that's compatible with the
Haskell platform's included GCC 4.5.2 version.

Hack your WxWidgets include\wx\dlimpexp.h file, line 37, resulting in:

# elif defined(__GNUC__)
/*
__declspec could be used here too but let's use the native
__attribute__ instead for clarity.
*/
# define WXEXPORT __attribute__((dllexport))
# define WXIMPORT __attribute__((dllimport))
# endif

and build WxWidgets with:

CPPFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport"
SHARED=1
BUILD=release

You'll get quick starting, lower memory use Haskell binaries, after
your WxHaskell install from cabal.

Unregister any previous versions where needed:

ghc-pkg unregister wx
ghc-pkg unregister wxcore
ghc-pkg unregister wxc
ghc-pkg unregister wxdirect

Install based on fresh WxWidgets build:

cabal install wxdirect wxc wxcore wx

Compile HelloWorld, run, then break for pizza and beer!