Henk-Jan,

I think you are right about Windows, but it does pass them on Linux, and this
does make my app work on Ubuntu. It is not the RTS args that are the problem,
it is the args for the application that come after. Windows has the further
problem of bypassing the passed args completely. My take was that once Windows
has a way to stop the Win32 call, it still has the problem this solved.

BTW,

I compiled up wxWidgets 3.0.2 on Ubuntu so I could try to hack it a bit, and
then compile the git head of wxHaskell as referenced in a sandbox, and compiled
by ghc 7.8.4 and get this link error:

.../.cabal-sandbox/lib/x86_64-linux-ghc-7.8.4/wxc-0.92.0.0/libwxc.so: undefined
reference to `wxDateTime::SetHour(unsigned short)@WXU_UNOFFICIAL_3.0’

I can’t find any references WXU_UNOFFICIAL_3.0 in any code, and the @WXU… is
unfamiliar to me.

I ran ./configure for wxHaskell and it finds 3.0.2. Yet the problem persists.
My assumption is I can run ./configure in the source tree and then reference
that tree in a sandbox.

I remembered that when I installed wxWidgets with apt-get it had names with
“unofficial” in them. When I removed it I used apt-get purge to get rid of any
configurations. Is there something that might have been left behind by the
apt-get version?

Mike