Hi John,

I think it's indeed a sizer-related issue; for example, if I comment
out the following in the editor.wx.lua example, then one of the
checkboxes works, (it is in the top left corner):

    local optionSizer = wx.wxBoxSizer(wx.wxVERTICAL, findDialog)
    --optionSizer:Add(wholeWordCheckBox,  0, wx.wxALL + wx.wxGROW +
wx.wxCENTER, 3)
    optionSizer:Add(matchCaseCheckBox,  0, wx.wxALL + wx.wxGROW +
wx.wxCENTER, 3)
    optionSizer:Add(wrapAroundCheckBox, 0, wx.wxALL + wx.wxGROW +
wx.wxCENTER, 3)
    optionSizer:Add(regexCheckBox,      0, wx.wxALL + wx.wxGROW +
wx.wxCENTER, 3)

Any idea on how to fix this?

Paul.