Hi John,

> I'm no expert in UTF8, but isn't it possible that a malformed UTF8 sequence
> makes the rest of the file unusable in the sense that you can't really be
> sure how many bytes the 'bad' sequence is so you could be off by a few bytes
> for the rest of the file?

Not really, as you can simply skip all invalied 8-bit characters
(which is what I do to "fix" invalid sequences). Scintilla does better
as it can display them as well.

> From8BitData() is now in SVN trunk. I'm not sure that it will help as it uses
> the wxConvISO8859_1 converter, but it is different than the normal wxConvUTF8
> converted used normally.

Do we also get To8BitData(), as I may need it to save the data back to a file?

I'll compile and give it a test some time tomorrow... Thank you!

Paul.