On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM, empa...@gmail.com <empa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> This code snippets doesn't work for me with cmd output bigger or equal
> 8180 symbols.
>
> proc = wx.wxProcess()
> proc:Redirect()
> exec = wx.wxExecute("cmd /c echo "..string.rep("8",8180),true,proc)
> output = proc:GetInputStream()
> print(output:Read(100))
>
> I'm trying wxlua 2.8.12.3 (ansi) with lua 5.1 and wxlua 2.8.12.3 (unicode)
> with lua 5.2
> operating system: WIndows 7 x64.
>
> Why this happens?

It looks like you're hitting the MS Windows cmd limitation.

"On computers running Microsoft Windows XP or later, the maximum length of
the string that you can use at the command prompt is 8191 characters. On
computers running Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows NT 4.0, the maximum
length of the string that you can use at the command prompt is 2047
characters."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830473

Regards,
    John