Daniell Freed wrote:
Well I figured out the problem with my application, but I don't understand why this was the problem.

The solution was to change the bang line at the top of the script. Even though I was launching the script manually with "wxPerl Alchemist" (Alchemist is the name of the script), it was for some reason using what was in the bang line (which was /usr/local/bin/wxPerl -w), and relaunching itself over and over again. If I remove the bang line, or set it to /usr/bin/perl it works OK, but /usr/bin/perl is the default 5.10.0 version that came with Snow Leopard, not the newly compiled version in /usr/local. I'm mystified, but at least its working.

FYI, if I put the /usr/local/bin/wxPerl back in the bang line and try to run the script by just executing it (i.e. ./Alchemist) it fails as well.
Is there something up with the wxPerl binary that is causing this?
Hi Daniell,

the bang line should start with #!

so that should be
#! /usr/local/bin/wxPerl