On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Steve Cookson <steve.cook...@sca-uk.com> wrote:
> Is Wx::Demo supposed to work under Linux?  It looks very different from the
> Windows version and although the 'make' went OK, the 'make test' gave me
> hundreds of errors.  However it does run.  However on Windows it has three
> tabs in the left-hand pane, whereas on Linux it only has one.  There are a
> number of errors when I run functions (eg the Wx::Locale test won't set to
> other languages).
>
> So is it just something about my system setup or does it not run under
> Linux?

I am not sure how is the subject wxPerl-0.26-samples connected to Wx::Demo
or what is the wxPerl-0.26-samples.

Wx::Demo passes its tests and it seem to work on my Ubuntu 9.10 though
now that I
launched it I also got the following on the console:

Couldn't require Wx::DemoModules::wxHVScrolledWindow : Attempt to
reload Wx/DemoModules/wxHVScrolledWindow.pm aborted.
 at /home/gabor/perl5/lib/perl5/Wx/Demo.pm line 319

** (wxperl_demo.pl:17909): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_box_gap:
assertion `height >= -1' failed

Regarding the left-hand pane, I think v0.10 has one tabs while the
version in svn has already 3 tabs.

Mattia, could you please release a new version of Wx::Demo?

Gabor