Mattia Barbon <mattia.bar...@libero.it> writes:

> On the one hand it would be nice if "use Wx" wouldn't require a
> display. On the other hand, creating a Wx::App will always require a
> display, and I'm not sure which wxWidgets classes can be used
> without a Wx::App instance.

I'm reasonably successful in running Wx apps without DISPLAY. At
least, apart from the message "Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY
set properly?" nothing seems to blow up.

I provide stubs for widgets that really display things, but the
general Wx::App stuff (like Wx::ConfigBase) works okay.

Why I'm doing this? I have a big Wx app that has some dialogs that do
heavy work and now I can run this exact dialog code to do the work
automatically from cron jobs.

-- Johan