Hi,

The problem is that Ubuntu 10.10 doesn't seem to ship with the libwx_gtk2u_media-2.8.so, probably because configure doesn't find gstreamer at build time, but I don't know.

Anyhow, Wx therefore doesn't build Wx::MediaCtrl - which is correct.

Wx::Demo should skip the media test in this case. I'll patch Wx::Demo in due course.

If you want Wx::MediaCtrl, (amongst other things ) ensure the runtime and dev libs for gstreamer and freeglut are installed on Ubuntu, and build Alien::wxWidgets with something like:

perl Build.PL --wxWidgets-extraflags="--enable-graphics_ctx --disable-compat26 --enable-mediactrl --with-libjpeg=builtin --with-libpng=builtin --with-regex=builtin --with-libtiff=builtin --with-zlib=builtin --with-expat=builtin --with-libxpm=builtin" --wxWidgets-build='yes' --wxWidgets-source='tar.gz' --wxWidgets-unicode=1 --wxWidgets-build-opengl=1 --wxWidgets-version=2.8.11

perl Build
perl Build test
perl Build install

Check the Alien/wxWidgets/....

in your perl @inc to ensure libwx_gtk2u_media-2.8.so and perhaps libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8.so have been built.

A Wx build should then get you a working Wx::MediaCtrl.

Regards

Mark