Mon Oct 20 19:52:16 2014: Request 99607 was acted upon.
Transaction: Ticket created by pwnbusiness2...@centurylink.net
       Queue: Wx
     Subject: Issue using wxTextEntryBox
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: pwnbusiness2...@centurylink.net
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=99607 >

Hello,

I was attempting to use a wxTextEntryBox object in my application and I ran
into a little issue.

I'm using Wx 0.9923 and Strawberry Perl v. 5.16.3 (built for
MSWin32-x86-multi-thread) under Windows XP 32-bit SP3. It think the WxWidgets
install is v. 3.0.0.

The following is the code:

#!/usr/bin/env perl

use warnings;
use strict;
use Wx qw(:everything);

package MyFrame;

use base 'Wx::Frame';

sub new {

my $ref = shift;
my $self = $ref->SUPER::new( undef,
1,
'Parent Window',
Wx::wxDefaultPosition,
[500, 500],
);
my $panel = Wx::Panel->new( $self,
2
);
my $dialog = Wx::TextEntryDialog->new( $panel,
'Please Enter Text',
'Dialog Header',
"",
Wx::wxOK|Wx::wxCANCEL,
Wx::wxDefaultPosition
);

return $self;
}

package MyApp;

use base 'Wx::App';

sub OnInit {

my $frame = MyFrame->new;

$frame->Show( 1 );

}

package main;

my $app = MyApp->new;
$app->MainLoop;

When I launch this code from the command prompt in a command window and then
exit the program normally (using the red "X" in the upper right hand side of
the window), the window closes, but the program does not terminate. I have to
use Control+C to get the command prompt to return and I get the message
"Terminating on signal SIGINT(2)." If I comment out the call to the "new"
method of the TextEntryDialog, the program will exit normally and the command
prompt will be redisplayed with no error message.

Thanks for your time.

Patrick Nighswonger