Hi Guys,

After six years of graft and toil we have just launched our project i-Mage at a medical conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and I thought I would just write to you all to thank you for your support over the years. There were times when I thought we wouldn't make it.

The system is a customised all-in-one with video capture, built out of aircraft-gauge aluminium in Manchester, England.

The software, while involving, Prolog, C++, Gtk+, Ffmeg and GStreamer is primarily constructed in wxPerl and it has done a fantastic job.

Significant and material support come from many areas, not least PerlMonks (of course), wx-us...@googlegroups.com and linux-me...@vger.kernel.org, but most of all the wxPerl-users group to whom I am very grateful.

Now the pressure is really on. We got a very positive response. We have about 90 names, including the head of endoscopy of at least one major Brazilian hospital (who wanted to buy the one were demonstrating). The Head of the Department of Endoscopy in another big teaching hospital said "This will change the face of endoscopy everywhere. There is nothing like it anywhere else in the world.". The big name players Fujinon, Pentax and Olympus all came past (several times in fact) and asked if we would be interested in working with them.

So we are feeling good.

I shall continue to contribute here and I shall continue to ask for your support.

In the meantime  ....  many thanks.

Regards

Steve.