Hi,

See http://docs.wxwidgets.org/3.0/classwx_window.html#a6bf0c5be864544d9ce0560087667b7fc

details for wxWindow::Destroy.

As you have determined, top level windows you create need to be destroyed with $win->Destroy;

The C++ structure for a Wx::Frame contains a reference to the associated Perl SV. So that SV won't go away until the C++ structure is deleted - which will never happen until your event loop is running.

Hope this helps.

Mark