On Thursday June 25 2020 16:21:36 Jonathan Prescott wrote:

Peachy O:-)

I guess it was coming, giving how they've been making them behave more and more
like giant iPads with keyboards and such...
Oh well, it was already clear that I'd never buy a new Mac anymore.

>Based on the announcements at WWDC, Macs are going to transition to “Apple
>Silicon” based on Apple implementation of ARM64, plus a whole bunch more

One *could* read this as "a whole bunch of other computer makers are going to
transition" and "Apple will become a silicon pusher". That (the 1st bit)
*would* be interesting...

Either way I assuming there will be a new Rosetta framework, so for some time
at least existing x86 applications should continue to function more or less
normally. I seem to remember that XQuartz/PPC ran quite properly under Rosetta,
am I wrong?

R.